Originally built in 1870, this four square farm home stood for years as the residence for farming families. After some time the old girl fell into disrepair and suffered from the affects of improper maintenance, neglect and aging materials. The property was purchased in 1990 by the Eyke’s who saw the homes hidden potential. The original exterior had modest detailing typical of the budgets available to most farming families of the time. The homes ten foot ceilings and proximity to local schools and downtown businesses were the only features that saved it from the wrecking ball.