Style: Bungalow in the shingle style.
Service: Design and construction of a new home as a period reproduction.
This project involved the construction of a 2,600 s.f. cottage on Lake Michigan. The owner wanted to retain the home’s position on the beach, so only the foundation was saved and used in the construction of the new home.
This required permits from the Department of Environmetal Quality (DEQ) and variances from Grand Haven Township. Steve Eyke helped the Holmes through the long and stressful process until the final permits were received nine months later.
Unique elements of this project include:
- Exposed exterior rafters with 1/2 round galvanized gutters
- Vertical wood paneling through out the home
- The homes exterior includes Portland based stucco and Michigan field stone
- The homes second floor is supported by exposed post and beam timbers
- The cabinets are Plain & Fancy, with inset doors and drawers
- The hardwood flooring is quarter sawn white oak.